Online Code of Conduct
The Australian Academy of Science provides opportunities through its website and various social media channels to facilitate communication among individual members of the Academy’s community defined as ‘users’ (including Fellows, staff and friends), and between such users and the Australian Academy of Science.
Certain uses of these channels are inconsistent with this purpose, including, but not limited to:
- posts that are unrelated to the current topic
- activities that are illegal or fraudulent under Australian law
- use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by the Australian Academy of Science
- use that can be confused with official communications of the Australian Academy of Science
- activities that violate other users’ privacy, including the release of private personal information about others, such as name, address, or phone number
- activities that further commercial or other personal financial gain
- posting content that is offensive, hateful, threatening, libellous, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- harassment of any individual or entity.
The Australian Academy of Science reserves the right to deny access to its communication channels. The Australian Academy of Science will deny access to those who violate the above standards or other applicable policies in these or similar practices. Participants on the Australian Academy of Science site and in the various social media channels who misuse information and communication services may be removed from all online communities permanently. The Australian Academy of Science reserves the right to move or delete any postings.
Please contact us at email@example.com for feedback or to report violations of this Code of Conduct.