This is a varied and challenging combined position shared between two national science organisations. You will be the Archivist for the Australian Academy of Science (3 days per week) and the National Coordinator for the Royal Societies of Australia (2 days per week).
Canberra-based, full-time, 12-month fixed term with possibility of extension.
The salary to be offered is at the following Academy classification:
|Academy Classification||Base Salary||Superannuation at 17%||Package|
In addition to the 9.5% Superannuation Guarantee, the Academy pays an additional 7.5% contribution to superannuation (for a total of 17%). Alternatively, employees may choose to take the additional 7.5% as base salary. Conditions include flexible working hours, an employee assistance program, options to salary sacrifice, annual leave loading and paid Christmas holiday stand down.
Australian Academy of Science, Ian Potter House, 9 Gordon Street, Acton, Canberra.
Name: Robyn Diamond – Digital and Publishing Manager
Phone: (02) 6201 9415
Position title: Archivist/Coordinator
Section: Communications and Outreach
Responsible to: Digital and Publishing Manager
Responsible for: No direct reports
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hrs/week)
Tenure: 12 month contract (with possibility of extension).
Classification: 5 (1)
The closing date for applications is Monday, 29 July 2019.
This shared position is employed by the Australian Academy of Science and reports to the Digital and Publishing Manager at the Australian Academy of Science, and the President of the Royal Societies of Australia for their respective areas of activity.
An appropriate degree qualification, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
Please note the following regarding physical accessibility restrictions in the Shine Dome:
The Australian Academy of Science's Shine Dome was created to reflect the inquiring and innovative nature of science. It was the first Canberra building to be added to the National Heritage List, for its historical and architectural significance.
To apply, email email@example.com by 5.00pm Monday, 29 July 2019 with a Cover Letter, Resume and Statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
The Australian Academy of Science was founded by Royal Charter in 1954 and has an elected Fellowship of 550 leading Australian scientists. The Academy is a non-profit organisation that provides independent, authoritative and influential scientific advice. This position is part of a Secretariat of around 80 staff who work as a team to support activities of the Academy.
The Royal Societies of Australia (RSA) aims to assist each of the Royal Societies in Australia through organised communication, collaboration and advocacy. The RSA provides a framework for coordinating educational and research-related activities and the discussion of vital policy issues affecting the community at large with a focus on science, medicine, economics, philosophy and the arts and their interrelationships.
The Australian Academy of Science and RSA are equal opportunity employers. Candidate applications from a range of diverse and inclusive groups of the community are encouraged to apply.
© 2019 Australian Academy of Science