Human Resources Manager
||2 December 2019
||16 December 2019
|Full Time / Part Time
||Part Time (22.5 hours to 25 hours per week – days flexible)
||Level 8 (4) $74,783 total package per annum – pro rata based on 3 days;
(FTE - $124,639 total package p.a).
About the Australian Academy of Science
The Australian Academy of Science was founded by Royal Charter in 1954 and has an elected Fellowship of 540 leading Australian scientists. The Academy is a non-profit organisation that provides independent, authoritative and influential scientific advice, promotes international scientific engagement, builds public awareness and understanding of science, and champions, celebrates and supports excellence in Australian science.
The Academy has an outstanding opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to work on a part time basis (approximately 22.5 - 25 hours per week). This is a stand-alone generalist role reporting to the Chief Executive and is part of a Secretariat of 75 staff who work to support the strategic activities of the Academy.
- Free parking in the city
- Work in a beautiful heritage site and surrounds
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Annual leave loading for all staff
- Options to salary sacrifice
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Christmas closedown
- Generous employee assistance program
About the role
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: Nil – No Direct Reports
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic and operational HR advice and support to the Chief Executive (CE) and senior management team.
- Manage the Academy’s HR function, including recruitment, induction, probation, termination, performance and change management activities.
- Oversee Work Health Safety (WHS) including policies, training, WHS Committee and Employee Assistance Program.
- Manage and report on bi-annual Staff Survey.
- Oversee annual performance review processes.
- Formulate and review HR policies, procedures and employment conditions.
- Assist with the Academy’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
- Provide advice on remuneration matters as required.
- Manage staff grievances and performance issues.
- Manage all terminations and exits.
- Work closely with the Payroll Officer regarding employee contracts and payroll/administration matters.
Qualifications and experience
- HR generalist experience, preferably at a senior level.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Proven experience in generalist HR roles, with the ability to work at both a strategic and operational level.
- Expertise in recruitment, WHS, change management, staff engagement and performance/grievance management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Demonstrated experience in developing positive working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, professional and mature outlook.
Further information is available from:
Name: Felicity McCook – HR Manager
Phone: (02) 6201 9417
How to apply
- Cover letter and resume.
- Please use the above information as a guide when completing your cover letter, which should be a maximum of two (2) pages. Please summarise how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role. The selection criteria does not need to be addressed separately.
- Email applications to: email@example.com
- Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 16 December 2019
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
The Australian Academy of Science values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment. The Academy supports and promotes flexible work practices.