About the Forum
The Australian Early- and Mid-Career Researcher Forum (the Forum) is the national voice of Australia's emerging scientists, representing researchers who are up to 15 years post-PhD (or other research higher degree), irrespective of their professional appointment.
It examines critical issues including career structure, job security, funding, education, training and gender equity. The Forum engages with early- and mid-career (EMCR) scientists from around Australia and advises the Academy on the key issues raised by younger researchers, to help inform its policy recommendations to government. It also liaises with other national organisations to positively contribute to both Australia's scientific research and the future careers of emerging research experts. The Forum provides a vital connection between Australia's most eminent scientists and tomorrow's future scientific leaders.
- To provide a collective, representative voice for the issues of direct relevance, or of interest, to EMCRs across multiple scientific disciplines.
- To advise the Academy on issues relevant to EMCRs including education, training, professional development, job security, funding opportunities and gender equity.
- To serve as a liaison between EMCRs and national scientific organisations including the Academy, institute-based EMCR associations, CSIRO, industry, advocacy groups, higher education research institutes and universities.
- To monitor social and mainstream media and follow national and international developments in EMCR-related policies and issues.
- To provide information and links to resources pertinent to EMCRs.
- To provide opportunities for EMCRs to contribute to the Academy’s Think Tank and Frontiers of Science meetings, and organise a national EMCR meeting every two years.
Forum committee members
Dr Krystal Evans (Chair)
Dr Andrew Siebel (Deputy chair)
Dr Sharath Sriram (Deputy chair)
Dr Nikola Bowden
Dr Raelene Endersby
Associate Professor Andreas Fouras
Dr Margaret Hardy
Dr Kate Hoy
Dr Oliver Jones
Dr Rachel Popelka-Filcoff
Professor Les Field AM FAA
Dr Camille Couralet
Former Committee Members
Science Pathways is the national meeting of the EMCR Forum. All EMCRs are welcome to attend: find out more.