Closing Date: 24/11/2021
Job Type: 12 month Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Classification: Level AAS 6 (1) $93,029 including 17% super
About the Australian Academy of Science
The Australian Academy of Science was founded by Royal Charter in 1954 and annually admits Australia’s leading scientists to its Fellowship. The Academy is an independent non-profit organisation that recognises outstanding contributions to science and research, provides expert advice to government, contributes to the development of science policy, promotes science education and public understanding of science, and fosters international scientific relations. This position is part of a Secretariat who work as a team to support activities undertaken by the Academy.
- Free parking in the city
- Work in a beautiful heritage site and surrounds
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Annual leave loading for all staff
- Options to salary sacrifice
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Christmas closedown
- Generous employee assistance program
About the Role
The position of web developer is part of a small and dedicated team of ICT professionals responsible for all ICT services to the Academy. This role is for an experienced web developer working mostly in Drupal and related technologies. The position is available on a full-time, 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to Chief Information Officer:
- Conduct problem-solving, development and implementation of web-based technical solutions to meet the functional needs of internal clients. This includes:
- Source, configure, extend or custom build Drupal modules to provide the required functionality.
- Design and develop functions that utilise restful and soap application programming interfaces to enhance functionality and implement connectivity between the Academy’s strategic software.
- Drupal 7/8/9 theming and site building.
- Manage and perform maintenance on the Academy websites on a routine basis to ensure that:
- The sites are regularly updated, secure and performance is maintained.
- Module, theme and core or minor security patches are implemented.
- Contribute to planning and implementing website maintenance, improvements, reviews and redesigns, and liaise with internal business arears on web projects and activities.
- Provide advice and support for Academy ICT/Salesforce/WEB related requests and technical issues including liaising with service providers as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Salesforce administration is desirable
- A track record of success in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in front-end web development using Drupal 7 and 8 and related technologies
- Demonstrated experience in web development documentation, tools and processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a small and agile team and the ability to relate effectively with a range of people across all levels of the organisation
- A commitment to workplace diversity, workplace participation, WHS and equity principles.
Further information on the position is available from:
Name: Trish Leahey
Phone: (02) 6201 9434
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- Your Resume; and
- A cover letter summarising how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role (max 2 pages please)
- Please apply via SEEK
- Applications close 24 November 2021 at 5pm AEDT
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
The Australian Academy of Science values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment. The Academy supports and promotes flexible work practices.