Submissions and position statements
The EMCR Forum makes occasional submissions to government inquiries and reviews on behalf of the Australian EMCR community. Become a member of the EMCR Forum in order to stay apprised of relevant consultations and have your say. Below is a list of submissions that the EMCR Forum has tendered to previous consultations.
- Position statement on the 2019 Federal Election
The EMCR Forum released a position statement on the 2019 Federal Election putting forward its recommendations and shared commitments to support STEM professionals in Australia.
- The social and economic benefits of improving mental health
The EMCR Forum and the Australian Brain Alliance EMCR Network made a submission to the Productivity Commission's inquiry into the effect of mental health.
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s consultation on a National Strategy for Women in STEM.
- Funding Australia’s Research
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the House of Representative’s Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Training Inquiry into Funding Australia's Research.
- Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
The EMCR Forum Executive made a submission to the MRFF consultation to inform the second Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities 2018 – 2020
- Women in STEM Decadal Plan
The EMCR Forum made a submission to help inform the Australian Academy of Science’s development of the Women in STEM Decadal Plan.
- On 29 October 2018 the EMCR Forum released a statement (PDF, 75KB) expressing their concern that Ministerial veto has been made on grant applications recommended for funding by the Australian research Council.