Submissions and position statements
The EMCR Forum makes occasional submissions to government inquiries and reviews on behalf of the Australian EMCR community. Become a member of the EMCR Forum in order to stay apprised of relevant consultations and have your say. Below is a list of submissions that the EMCR Forum has tendered to previous consultations.
- Research Block Grant reform
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (PDF, 124KB) on the consultation paper “Research block grant reform to boost incentives for greater university and industry collaboration”.
- Australian Research Council Amendment (Ensuring Research Independence) Bill 2018
The EMCR Forum contributed to the Australian Academy of Science's submission (PDF, 205KB) on the Australian Research Council Amendment (Ensuring Research Independence) Bill 2018.
- Nature news article
The EMCR Forum contributed to the Nature news article on 13 May 2022: ‘Dark mood’: Australian researchers lament state of science ahead of election.
- Increasing the diversity of Australia’s research workforce
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the Australian Research Council consultation on Increasing the diversity of Australia’s research workforce: a pathway to gender equality in ARC grant funding processes
- NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
The EMCR Forum made a submission on the NHMRC consultation on the Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme.
- Position statement on the 2019 Federal Election
The EMCR Forum released a position statement on the 2019 Federal Election putting forward its recommendations and shared commitments to support STEM professionals in Australia.
- The social and economic benefits of improving mental health
The EMCR Forum and the Australian Brain Alliance EMCR Network made a submission to the Productivity Commission's inquiry into the effect of mental health.
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s consultation on a National Strategy for Women in STEM.
- Funding Australia’s Research
The EMCR Forum made a submission to the House of Representative’s Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Training Inquiry into Funding Australia's Research.
- Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF)
The EMCR Forum Executive made a submission to the MRFF consultation to inform the second Australian Medical Research and Innovation Priorities 2018 – 2020
- Women in STEM Decadal Plan
The EMCR Forum made a submission to help inform the Australian Academy of Science’s development of the Women in STEM Decadal Plan.
- On 29 October 2018 the EMCR Forum released a statement (PDF, 75KB) expressing their concern that Ministerial veto has been made on grant applications recommended for funding by the Australian research Council.