Food for Thought 2021
Sink your teeth into some tasty science with the Academy’s Food for Thought speaker series.
Join us on a delectable journey of taste, health and food innovations at the home of Australian science excellence, the Shine Dome in Canberra, or join us online around the world.
Together, during the International Year of Fruit and Vegetables, we will explore the hidden world of your gut’s microbiome, discover the truth and promise of genetic modification and the find out about the future of food and nutrition.
- Tuesday 13 April – GM Foods
- Professor Rachel Ankeny, University of Adelaide
- Dr Surinder Singh FAA FTSE, CSIRO
- Tuesday 8 June – Gut Health
- Dr Wolfgang Marx, Food Mood Centre
- Dr Claire O’Brien, University of Canberra
- Tuesday 10 August – Alternative Food Sources
- Associate Professor Nenad Naumovski, University of Canberra
- Professor Michelle Colgrave, Future Protein Lead, CSIRO
- Tuesday 12 October – Food Security
- Dr Daniel Walker, Chief Scientist and Acting CEO of the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- Dr Katherine Kent, University of Western Sydney
- Tuesday 14 December – Future of Food & Nutrition
- Dr Flavia Fayet-Moore, CEO, Nutrition Research Australia
- Dr Taiwo Akanbi, Lecturer in Food Science, The University of Newcastle
- Dr TJ Higgins AO FAA FTSE
- Dr Emma Beckett