Physical and mathematical sciences
The Elizabeth and Frederick White research conferences cover topics in the physical and mathematical sciences related to the solid Earth, the terrestrial oceans, the Earth's atmosphere, solar-terrestrial science, space sciences and astronomy. Their aim is to advance at the most fundamental level of the understanding of their subject, introduce to Australian research new aspects or directions, and encourage participation of overseas scientists. If you are interested in holding a conference, see the Elizabeth and Frederick White research conference funding page.
- 2016/17 Galactic Archaeology and Stellar Physics: Understanding the origins of the Galaxy and its stellar content
- 2015/16 Elizabeth and Frederick White Conference on Mining Data for Detection & Prediction of Failure in Geomaterials, Shine Dome, Canberra
- 2014/15 Elizabeth and Frederick White Research Conference.Quantum astronomy and stellar interferometry: celebrating the 5th anniversary of the Narrabri Stellar Intensity Interferometer. Darlington Centre, Sydney.
- 2013/14 Elizabeth and Frederick White Research Conference, Mathematics of Planet Earth 2013, Melbourne.
- 2012/13 `Exploring the Radio Continuum Universe with SKA Pathfinders’ an Australian Academy of Science Elizabeth and Frederick White Conference, CASS, Sydney
- 2011/12 Elizabeth and Frederick White Research Conference, The evolution of photosynthesis and oxygenation of the Earth, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- 2010/11 Minerals at extreme conditions – integrating theory and experiment, Shine Dome, Canberra
- Nuclear Astrophysics in Australia, 2009 Elizabeth and Frederick White Research Conference, The Shine Dome, Canberra, 24–25 August
- The Magellanic System—2007 Elizabeth and Frederick White Research Conference, CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility, Epping, 16–17 July 2007
- Mastering the data explosion in the Earth and environmental sciences—Elizabeth and Frederick White Conference, The Shine Dome, Canberra, 19–21 April 2006 (PDF, external)
- Planetary Timescales: Stardust to Continents—Elizabeth and Frederick White Conference, Australian National University, Canberra, 16-19 February 2004 (PDF, external)