Food for Thought
Sink your teeth into some tasty science with the Food for Thought speaker series.
Join us on a delectable journey of taste, health and food innovations at the home of Australian science excellence, the Shine Dome. Together we will explore the hidden world of your gut’s microbiome, discover the truth and promise of genetic modification and check out some crunchy insect snacks.
Engaging experts from across Australia will present a diverse array of science stories: from tackling our mountains of food waste, to introducing the Aussie palate to native foods and contemplating the future of nutrition.
Feed your curiosity in 2020 with the Australian Academy of Science and exclusive presenting partner, the University of Canberra.
Buy a series pass
Series dates and topics
- Tuesday 11 February - Food for Thought: Food Waste
- Mark Barthel, Fight Food Waste CRC
- Dr Polly Burey, University of Southern Queensland
- Tuesday 14 April - Food for Thought: GM Foods
- Professor Rachel Ankeny, University of Adelaide
- Dr Surinder Singh FAA, CSIRO
- Tuesday 9 June - Food for Thought: Gut Health
- Associate Professor Jane Muir, Monash University
- Dr Wolfgang Marx, Food Mood Centre
- Tuesday 11 August - Food for Thought: Alternative Food Sources
- Dr Anneline Padayachee, The Food & Nutrition Doctor
- Sharon Winsor, Indigiearth
- Tuesday 13 October - Food for Thought: Nutrition Decisions
- Professor Clare Collins, University of Newcastle
- Dr Katherine Livingstone, Deakin University
- Tuesday 8 December - Food for Thought: The Future of Nutrition
- Professor David Raubenheimer, University of Sydney
- Dr Emma Beckett, University of Newcastle
- Dr TJ Higgins AO FAA
- Dr Emma Beckett
Exclusive Presenting Partner